Before You Start
What’s needed to become a helicopter pilot?
There are no specific academic qualifications required prior to commencing training. There are however a number of things that you will need, to complete your training.
- Decide what type of licence you wish to get
- Work ethic: Becoming a helicopter pilot requires a lot of work and dedication
- Aviation Reference Number (ARN)
- Aviation Security Identity Card (ASIC)
- Medical examination
- Flight training
- Flight test
- Finding your first job
In Australia there are four basic Pilots Licences. The Recreational Licence (RPL) is an entry level licence aimed at giving students a basic knowledge of their aircraft and airmanship. The Private Pilots Licence (PPL) aims to increase a pilot's knowledge and skill in the operation of their aircraft and introduce the rigors of cross-country flight. Commercial Pilots Licence (CPL) introduces a pilot to the knowledge and skills needed for a professional career in aviation .....
Commercial offers a number of advanced endorsements; including aircraft and operational ratings and endorsements.
- Night Visual Flight Rules Rating (NVFR)
- Helicopter Type Endorsements
- Low-Level Rating – Helicopter
- Aerial Application Rating – Firefighting Endorsement
- Gas Turbine Endorsement
- Mustering Endorsement
- Helicopter Flight Reviews/Proficiency Checks
We've received your message and we'll get back to you soon.